It is important to backup your data file on a regular basis. Unfortunately computers are prone to suffer problems which can result in the loss of your valuable data. Problems may include failure of a hard disk (the device in your computer that stores your data) or power failures that may result in corruption of files being used at the time of the failure.
The stock quantity of a part is how many of the item you have in stock.
Each part can have two “in stock” values – one value for the quantity of “new” stock, and one value for the quantity of “second-hand” stock (aka, salvaged, ex, etc). You don’t have to use both figures – many sites just use the “new” quantity.
There are several ways in which in stock quantities will change:
Recent updates have been minor enhancements and fixes for Windows 7 compatibility. You can check the list of changes here: Revision History.
- Resolved a problem with an error on startup (Windows 7, 32-bit).
- Fixed a problem in the previous update that caused Parts Import to stop working.
- Fixed a problem in the previous update that caused the reminders list on the order screen to stop working.
- Finance summary was not being refreshed correctly when first opened (therefore showing old figures).
- The Equipment Asset Report now includes part number and serial number.
- Stock Sheets (accessible via the Stock Cards window) now include Used part qty.
- Made currency fields large in various places to prevent large values being chopped off (especially in European currencies).
- The labels for Make and Model in the Equipment Asset Report are now the correct words (were mis-labelled).
- The Trouble Call log window now shows the Call Type buttons in two columns instead of three so that longer call type names can fit in. (Unless there are more than 32 call types, in which case it displays three columns because two columns aren’t enough.)
- Fix error that occurred when deleting sub-tasks for multi-machine shift tasks.
- Fixed a bug causing a blank machine list for a shift task if previous group was completed prior to due date.
- You can now view instructions for scheduled shift tasks from within the daily task list.
- The Parts List now allows deleting parts. To do so, select one or more rows (by clicking and/or dragging the mouse in the left margin) and press the DEL or DELETE key on your keyboard.
- The Current Stock Report now allows selecting three modes of operation: Show both new and used parts, show only new parts, show only used parts.
- The Daily Tasks window now supports up to 5 shifts (previously it only supported 2 even though the settings window stated that 5 were supported).
- Stock card bin list is now sorted alphabetically.
- The shift task list now displays a visible alert when the current shift or the current user has an assigned task due.
- The Open Order window has been improved: larger list, more details shown, simpler filter selection, preview of multiple order items.
- Parts Tracker will no longer revert to a blank (local) data file if the network data file is not found.
- The Parts Usage report would not display when a used part appeared more than once on the same order. This issue is now fixed.
- The Part Shortage report and Part Suggestions list were miscalculating the Qty to order (by not considering current orders correctly).
- An error message is no longer displayed when changing the supplier on an order if the order contains an item with no part number.
- An error message is no longer displayed if a task schedule’s shift is cleared.
- Marking a completed task as uncompleted now clears ‘completed by user’.
- Some minor cosmetic changes.