How Do I Register Parts Tracker?
To register Parts Tracker and unlock the "trial mode" you need to enter your Unlock Number in the registration window. The Unlock Number is sent to you by email when you pay for a registration online (or if you have made payment by an alternative arrangement).
The 15-digit Unlock Number matches a 15-digit Installation ID Number that is generated by Parts Tracker when you install it and enter your centre details as shown below.
When Parts Tracker starts, a notice is shown indicating that it is not registered:
Pressing the Register button opens the Registration window.
If you are registering for the first time and paying by PayPal
1. Fill in your centre details.
Note: The "Number of Machines" field is typically only used for Bowling Alleys, or sites that have sequentially numbered machines (1 to X). If you are a bowling alley, choose the number of lanes. If you have numbered machines (1 to X) then you can choose X here. Otherwise, just choose any number (e.g. 999) - it doesn't have to represent the actual "number of machines" you have in this case. Note that the number can be changed at a later time.
2. Press the Pay Online Now button to be taken back to the payment page on this website and follow the instructions there.
Note: If you need to use a different computer to pay than the one running Parts Tracker then click here to go to the payment page. You will need to write down the blue Installation ID and type it into the webpage when making the payment.
3. After making a payment through PayPal, you'll be sent two emails: one email from PayPal containing details of the payment/receipt, and a second email from Parts Tracker Registration containing your Unlock Number. (Note: if you don't receive two emails within a few minutes, check your Junk Mail or Spam folder in your email program.)
4. Type the Unlock Number into the registration window.
If you haven't received these two emails within 24 hours, please contact Parts Tracker support. You can close the Registration window while waiting.
If you have already paid and need to register the computer again
1. If you're moving computers, you need to transfer your data from the old computer first and make sure your details are showing. See these instructions for how to move computers.
2. If you're using multiple computers on a network by sharing the data file, see these instructions.
After doing step 1 or 2 above, if the computer is connected to the Internet, Parts Tracker will automatically register itself. If registration doesn't occur automatically (you still see the registration notice above when Parts Tracker starts up) then do the following...
3. Copy the blue Installation ID number into an email and send to the support email. Include your centre details or contact details used for the original payment.
Note: You can close the Registration window while waiting for the email.
4. You'll receive an email containing an Unlock Number. Please allow up to two business days for this.
5. Type the Unlock Number into the registration window.